Get Involved and Join Housing Hawaii Today
Housing Hawaii invites you to contribute your ideas and energy to help with solving the affordable housing crisis in Hawaii. Our members play a strategic role in advancing the affordable housing industry through Housing Hawaii activities. Our goal is to build an alliance with a broad base of members which includes non-profits and for profit developers, financial institutions, elected leaders, government officials, advocates and homeless-service organizations and existing coalitions.
By becoming a member, you directly support Housing Hawaii's efforts to provide educational information to policy makers and the public; to provide a voice; and to provide innovative solutions to the challenges faced by the affordable housing industry.
During this year's legislative session, Housing Hawaii met with individual State Legislators, participated in legislative working groups and provided testimony in support of legislation which addressed the following issues:
- Streamlining the permitting and planning process for affordable housing developments
- Increasing the percentage allocation of conveyance tax revenues to the Rental Housing Trust Fund
- Extending the sunset date for allocations to the Rental Housing Trust Fund
- Supporting funding for homeless programs and housing programs
- Supporting all levels of affordable housing including work force housing
- Preservation of existing affordable housing
- Issuance of affordable housing revenue bonds
- Rent supplement programs
You or your organization can be a member of this new statewide coalition that will advance and promote affordable housing in Hawaii. Housing Hawaii membership benefits include quality educational workshops, a forum for addressing housing policy issues and networking opportunities for members.
As a member of Housing Hawaii you choose your involvement level. You can:
- play a strategic role as a member of a committee helping shape the policies and activities of Housing Hawaii;
- participate in conferences and other functions and network with other affordable housing advocates and/or
- review informative e-mails at your leisure and provide feedback at your discretion